Friday, August 27, 2010

Define It

How do you define success? Who defines it?
 Everyone's ideas and passions means something different to them than it does to us.

                                                          
My life has not been what what I would call successful...I didnt think. until today. I was eating lunch with my brother and talking about "Greys' Anatomy" (yes, Im infatuated with that show) when I realized...I do not have to prove myself to him in order for him to talk to me or love me. My life, as it is now, makes no difference to him. All he cared about for that one little hour was talking to me.

Just so you're not confused, I am getting back around to the happiness part...bare with me.

We all worry about what others might think about us.But why? If you walk into a restraunt full of fancy people, you might worry about what the couples at the other table are thinking about you..about your dress..your hair...when in reality, thats EXACTLY what they are freaking out about too! No one cares if you are the best, highest paid publisher for Vogue, or a highly thought of business owner......or a receptionist....
We worry for no reason.

Would you rather be worried about what complete strangers think about you? Or would it make more sense to pay complete attention to the more important matter at hand?

I spent my entire high school years worried about what the other teens in my class thought about me, even though sometimes it was quite clear...to them, I wasnt successful.

As I sit here and think about the fact that I have completed my sought after college education a year before any of my peers I still think about what they might think now. A Music Business Professional who has every capability, the strive and connections to become one of the greatest Artist Managers ever...and yet here I sit manning a switchbored for a production company (a great company, mind you).

So, again I ask.....How do you define success?

I define my success by knowing that on any givin day, my family would choose me over thier friends if I needed to talk or just hang out. I define it by the fact that despite my career dreams, I have a fantastic job that anyone would be blessed to have. I define it by the fact that I have a Rightous Saviour who loves me and who is El-Elyon (the most high God) and El-Olam (the everlasting God).

All of this because I went to lunch with my brother? Yes. Inspiration comes to me at the best and worst times in my life...Today was one of the best.

How will you define your Success?

No comments:

Post a Comment