Saturday, August 14, 2010

Drown It Out

Drown out life and make it my own. Something I find myself stumbling on. Make this day mine and no one else's. Such a feat to try and control. How does someone manage to lose themselves while tending to those around. A solitude life, and a lonely one at that. Bringing tears to my eyes at dusks goodbye. Trying so hard to lose the chaos that has followed close behind for so long.

I this life I am living? I always thought there would be more. much more. I understand the need to survive, but must we lose ourselves in the process? Once upon a time I could find myself thinking about my future, and being proud. Where have we brought ourselves? A place where euphoria no longer exists.

Waste my life wishing otherwise. Change my own mind. Bring in the hourly watch of an unsatisfying stay. Weeks are years when I look through the broken window of lost hope and dreams. Hearing the ring of pain and annoyance in my ear. Tell me once more why I am here?

Understanding life is harder than entertaining angles...uninterested angles.

Should I fight to get back to the surface of things, or just let it all take me in. Make myself my own hero, if I fail I have no one to lose faith in but me.

In order to drown out life, the music must be louder than anything else. Knowing me. It probably already is.

No comments:

Post a Comment